Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Secure Attachment - A love letter to my lovable inner child

Come little one.
Come in your rage, your indignations, and burning anger.
No better, I will come to you.

I will sit with you, hold you, or just take your hands.
Whatever feels safe and containing, I will offer you asking nothing in return.
We will weather this nasty storm together.

No storm is too great to defeat us as storms are treacherous yet temporary.
Storms bend us, shake us to our core, and in that painful dance we discover our strength.
I will dance with you until we both discover the mountain we are made of.
So I will not ask you to stop or show up any differently than in this here storm.

I will stay with you lovable child even when I want to run away because you are crafty at getting at my very last nerve or asking for that which I do not know how to give.
I will stay with you even not having gotten this refuge in my journey.
I will stay with you and embrace this painful reality for the only way around the storm is through, anything else is a detour to the land of numbing.

Come to me little one in your fully sensitive humanness.
I will hold you in warmth and light embracing all your feelings in loving kindness.
Come little one.
No better, I will come to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment